Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Tax Free Weekend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Tax Free Weekend

    so this is the first day of the tax free weekend in Virginia. if it wasn't for work I wouldn't even know it. I've seen nothing about it.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tax Free Weekend

    Not terribly useful unless you're buying a large quantity of things, or perhaps a computer.

    I've noted some minor price increases being slipped in on some items during past tax-free weekends.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tax Free Weekend

    This just means to stay away from Walmart this weekend, people don't know how to act right when somethings cheaper. Not worth fighting that crowd with everyone around here plus KY to save a few bucks.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tax Free Weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    This just means to stay away from Walmart this weekend, people don't know how to act right when somethings cheaper. Not worth fighting that crowd with everyone around here plus KY to save a few bucks.
    Just the perception of saving money makes people go nuts.
    When stores have closing clearances, companies come in , change the original price tags to triple the price, mark off a few bucks and call it clearance. Most recently happened with Goody's and with Circuit City. Even thought the 'clearance' prices were considerably higher than the original price people would act like the store was giving away free gold bars. Crazy crazy stuff.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tax Free Weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by imported_elp6n View Post
    Not terribly useful unless you're buying a large quantity of things, or perhaps a computer.

    I've noted some minor price increases being slipped in on some items during past tax-free weekends.
    comes in handy if you want to buy a $1000 tv
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tax Free Weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    comes in handy if you want to buy a $1000 tv
    televisions aren't on the tax free list though!
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tax Free Weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by imported_elp6n View Post
    televisions aren't on the tax free list though!
    Walmart has the whole electronics area as tax free. Be it a TV, CD, DVD, video game, even prepaid phone cards, all tax free. Walmart will pay the tax themselves on these items.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •